BREAKING NEWS

Sports

SpotLight

Movie Trailers

Thursday 30 May 2024

Unveiling 'Flower Blooms': An Exclusive Interview with Nigerian Poet and Playwright Eriwayo Oriyomi Esther on Transforming Personal Experiences of Love and Hope into Inspiring Poetry"

Q: Can you introduce yourself to our readers?


A: Of course! My name is Eriwayo Oriyomi Esther, and I am a Nigerian poet, playwright, and actor. I'm thrilled to be here today to discuss my debut poem, "Flower Blooms."


Q: What inspired you to write "Flower Blooms"?

A: My poem book, "Flower Blooms," is a narrative autobiography about love, hope, and self-discovery. I chose a flower to signify growth and the journey towards greatness, similar to how a flower grows and blossoms through various challenges. My own experiences while growing up have inspired me to write something like this, and I decided to express these experiences through poetry because I'm a poet at heart.


Q: Can you tell us about the challenges you faced while writing the poem?

A: It took me a good six months to complete "Flower Blooms" with a lot of hard work and consistency. Writing a poem involves a lot of literary devices, rhyme, and rhythm, and there were times when I felt like I wasn't making progress. However, I kept pushing myself, and eventually, my efforts paid off as the book is now published and ready for launch.



Q: How did your background in English literature shape your work?

A: My background in English literature has played a significant role in shaping my path as a writer. It has provided me with the necessary tools and skills to express myself effectively through poetry. I've always been passionate about writing, and it's something I love doing.


Q: Can you share some highlights of your career as a writer?

A: I've written a lot of poems, which I've performed at open poetry events and spoken word gatherings. Additionally, I've written several plays for

the stage, which have been performed by well-known actors, and even for films. "Flower Blooms" holds a special place in my heart, and I believe it's just the starting point as I plan to continue writing and sharing my work with the world.


Q: What message do you hope readers will take away from "Flower Blooms"?

A: I hope that readers will find inspiration and encouragement in the themes of love, hope, and self-discovery, and that they will be able to relate to the journey of growth and resilience portrayed in the poem. My aim is to inspire others to embrace their experiences and pursue their passions as they navigate their own path in life.


Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 NAIJA GET MOUTH
Designed by Favour Ibex